Ella's count was up to 62,000 on Feb 10th. Also, the test results (for auto immune problems) we got back from the specialist were both negative, which is good.
So we wait until Feb 24th to check her numbers again. So far she's looking really good. No new bruises and no petechiae for days now. So I'm confident that her numbers are improving. I'm hoping for her to be in a normal range by next week.
I am still very frustrated that we have no idea what caused this drop in her platelets. Mostly because if I do not know what caused it I cannot prevent it.
But I am going to focus on being thankful for this good news.
Especially today, I listened to the podcast of a baby girl's funeral. A friend from High School, had an 11 month old daughter, Cora Paige McClenahan, that passed away from stage 4 liver cancer. From her diagnosis to her passing was only 3 weeks. My heart aches for them. They are strong believers who are being comforted with the knowledge that their sweet baby is in Jesus arms. But it makes me hold my children even tighter tonight and I will not complain when they wake me up tonight.
************************************************************************************************************************
Cora Paige's life was way too short. To remember her sweet spirit, a playground is being built in her honor at Grace Community Church in Newton, Kansas.
There are many items listed on etsy that are donating the proceeds to honor Cora. Just search under Cora Paige.
To learn more about her story please visit
http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/
http://corapaige.blogspot.com/
5 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment